- Always remove all jewelry before you begin any strenuous activity. That includes any type of work-out –even yoga and dancing, and any type of lifting of heavy objects, whether you’re helping a friend move boxes and furniture or you’re lifting weights for fitness.
- To preserve the clarity of your ring’s center stone and prevent it losing its shiny quality, please make sure to remove your ring before:
a. Washing your hands with soap
c. Applying lotion
Soap and lotion can leave a residue, which builds up over time and causes the stone to lose its sparkle and become cloudy.
- Remove all jewelry prior to going to bed, so that blankets don’t get caught on the prongs and break them off. It also prevents you from accidentally damaging your rings by hitting your hands against the headboard.
Cleaning Your Jewelry:
If the stone does get cloudy, here are a few steps you can take on your own:
- Polish the jewelry, using a 100% cotton cloth.
- Put the jewelry in lukewarm water with dish soup for about twenty minutes and then brush it with a soft toothbrush.
- Do not use a brush to clean a turquoise stone—use your fingertips insteadֿ.
- Before and after cleaning, check to see that the stone is still tightly set – especially if using a steam cleaner.
- Never use an ultrasonic cleaner on micro-pavé stones, pearls, emeralds, or turquoise.